Flu has certain characteristics with the symptoms of muscle pain, fever and chills which makes you feel miserable and gives you stress during the house cleaning process. It depends on the severity, the flu makes you sick for weeks. Once you get the flu there are very less treatments that can work with these symptoms and shorten their life. That’s why it’s better for you to take early precautions.
Here are a few tips by House Cleaning Palm Beach Gardens which you can follow during the house cleaning process to prevent flu!
1. Avoid contact with flu germs
During the house cleaning process you need to wash your hands with hand sanitizer or soap for 3 minutes as this is the easiest preventative measure you can do to avoid the flu. While washing your hands scrub the germs off your hands with warm water and soap as much as you can. Washing your hands with warm water and soap work perfectly fine, if you wash them throughout the day!
- When house cleaning make sure that you wash your hands before and after you eat. Secondly, wash your hands before and after preparing food or after touching garbage. Thirdly, if you shake hands with other people or if you come home from a public location.
- During the house cleaning you should also wash your hands if you are sneezing repeatedly (even if you are sneezing into your arm).
2. Avoid touching eyes, mouth and nose
During the house cleaning the fastest way to get the flu virus germs in your body is by transferring them from your hands, mouth or nose. So, you should try to avoid touching these areas as much as possible until and unless you have washed your hands in flu season.
- When house cleaning make sure that the nail biting should be avoided as it can transfer the germs of flu in your mouth. Most of the viruses and other germs hide under your nails even if you have washed your hands several times.
3. Limit close contact with people
- During the house cleaning process even if someone is sick and have any other illness but not the flu, it's a good idea to stay away from them because If you catch another bug and your immune system is weak it will make it more difficult for your body to fight the flu if you are exposed to it.
4. Use Disinfectant
- The flu virus can be found on almost any surface, so it’s better that you disinfect the nearest surfaces with disinfecting wipes in your home or office that may contain germs. If you are working at a place where there are a large number of people then make sure that you have got hand sanitizer or alcohol based sanitizer to kill the germs if you touch any shared surfaces like doorknobs, handles etc.
For more flu prevention tips call your local house cleaning Palm beach gardens experts.